During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will discuss the five competencies
needed to become a Lean Enterprise. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive
marketplace—when they become a Certified SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
• Understand the five competencies of the Lean Enterprise
• Become a Lean-thinking Manager-Teacher
• Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
• Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
• Create high-performing teams and trains by establishing mission and purpose
• Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
• Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
• Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
• Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
• Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
• Creating high-performing teams and trains
• Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
• Releasing on Demand with DevOps
• Building a Lean Portfolio
• Leading the transformation
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
• One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
• Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
• Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
• Program and Project Managers
• Product and Product Line Management
• Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
• Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
• 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
• Experience in Scrum
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
• SAFe Agilist certificate
• A SAFe 4 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
• A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
• A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
• Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee is $100
• Name: SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
• Format: Multiple Choice
• Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
• Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
• Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
• Number of Questions: 45
• Passing Score: 34 out of 45 (75% passing score)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMIACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
Copyright © 2019, TekWave - Agile Training and Consulting, Agile Coaching, IT Consulting - All Rights Reserved.
Contact Us: 302-830-3329 - firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFe and Scaled Agile Framework are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.